If you're a mom you know the kitchen is where it's at! Okay, if you're a human being and you like to eat, you know the kitchen is where it's at! A lot of time is spent in our kitchens. If you've been following my blog, by now you may have fresh flowers on you dining room table, or your coffee and beans in mason jars. Here is one more quick, inexpensive way to spruce up your kitchen.
I was at Target today and I saw the cutest dishtowels! I bought them, hung them up in my kitchen and they add some new life to my stove and oven. I heart dishtowels and table linens! Can I get an amen?! If I could have more storage for my linens, I would own more. Probably explains why my husband won't put in more storage for me...hmmmmm......
There is something very elegant about having a cute tablecloth or placemats on your table, and clean dishtowels hung. To me, it is a very welcoming and homey sight. I like to designate certain dishtowels as my decorating towels, an then I have others that can be used to wiping hands or spills. This way I know I can have a few towels that are kept nicer than my everyday towels.
Here are some more quick facelifts you can give your kitchen...
1. Buy new kitchen rugs. I did this a few weeks ago and it made me super happy :)
2. Shine up the front of your oven, stove, and dishwasher.
3. Consolidate the clutter on the front of your fridge. I try to keep most of mine on the side where it's still accessible, but not as visible.
4. Install under cabinet lighting. My husband did this for me a couple months ago and it wan't very expensive and he did it within an evening.
5. Dislpay your pretty mason jars, or kitchen aid mixer on you counters and get rid of the nonessential items cluttering up the space.