Saturday, February 2, 2013

14 Days of Valentines: Do What You Love

Day 3: Do Something You Love, with those you love.

It's late afternoon, and I'm just now sitting down to blog. We have had a wonderful day. We spent the morning preparing for company, and then had 7 high school/college age kids over for lunch and PIE making. Such fun!!! My stomach is so full I may explode any moment now. Fried apricot pies, pecan pie, and apple pie a la mode were all prepared, baked, and devoured in my kitchen this afternoon. What a blessing. I cannot think of a better way to spend my time than helping to develop cooking skills with young people, while providing a godly atmosphere, and fun, fun times! And food. I always provide food. It's what makes me happy; I love feeding people.
I hope you've found a little niche in this world that makes you happy, and that you spend your time with the ones you love. While Valentine's Day is a special day set aside to show love to those who are significant to us, may we truly display our love daily. It's fun to write Valentines to each other, to prepare and decorate cookies, to have your husband bring home flowers and chocolates for February 14th. But, if that's the only time we spend depositing "warm fuzzies" into the emotional bank accounts of our loved ones, then we are really missing the mark, and our emotional bank accounts will be very empty. We need to make positive deposits every day. Do something you love, with those you love on a daily basis and let them know how much they mean to you. Make a difference in the lives of others and create a legacy by which you will be remembered.
~ Jennifer
Have you tried the molten lava cakes or pizza dough? Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment