Wednesday, February 13, 2013

14 Days of Valentines: Day 13- Fun with a dictionary

A few days ago I was at my friend, Beth's house, and she had some darling decorations up in her home that I wanted to share on our blog.  Her husband is a teacher and he had brought home an old dictionary that he didn't need anymore, and thus her valentine decor was born.

Of course, I'm having technical difficulties, and I can't upload the pictures to our blog page, so if you visit my facebook page (Emily Alex Velez) you can see pictures of her adorable decor.

She cut out strips and shaped them into hearts and strung them onto rope to create a garland.  She also cut out hearts and modpodged them onto mason jars.  And if you know me, you know my love of mason jars.

Despite defacing a book (just kidding, Beth), she is a great example of how to use unexpected resources to create inexpensive holiday decorations.  Good work Beth, thanks for inspiring our readers!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment