Thursday, February 7, 2013

14 Days of Valentines: Day 8 - 10 minute table runner

I hope you were inspired by Jen's posts for the past 7 days.  I know I was!  For the next 7 days, you're with me!  I hope to show you some fun, creative ways to bring more love to your Valentines....

Today we are making 10 minute table runners.  No, I'm serious! They really take 10 minutes to make.  If I can do it in 10 minutes, YOU can do it too!  Here is what you will need....
1/2 yard of one cut of fabric and 1/3 yard of another cut of fabric.  Coordinating thread and either buttons, or ribbons in coordinating colors.


Sew the two fabric pieces, right sides together, to create a long tube.

Here is your tube.  Once you've done that, turn it right side out.

Here it is turned right side out.  Then center your tube, so that equal parts of the coordinating fabric is showing on either side, and then iron flat.

Fold your tube in half with the two fabrics showing on the outside.


Sew along the edge leaving about 1/4 to 1/2 seam allowance.

Then stick your hand in the corner of that seam and pull the corner out.  This will create a triangle end piece.

Here is is, once the corner has been pulled.


Sew buttons, or ribbons on where the corner meets the edge and.....

VOILA!!!  You've created a darling table runner for not much money at all!!!  I sewed buttons on one and ribbon on the other.

Here is is gracing my table and making it look oh-so-festive.


Hopefully, you could follow my instructions.  If not, click on the link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfg8BMUakOc and it should help you better understand.


Think about the possibilities for all the holidays!!!  These also make impressive hostess gifts!!!  The total cost for one will be about $5.00!  I would love to see pictures if you make some.  Happy sewing!
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment