Thursday, February 7, 2013

14 Days of Valentines : Day 9- Special mailbox

Ok, so if you're a red-blooded American, you will have to agree with me that the dollar spot at Target is THE BOMB!!!!!  Today, while I was shopping for some groceries and picking up 20 other things I didn't really need, I came across these darling mailboxes for $1.00!!!!
I wrote my kiddos names on their mailboxes in sharpie.

I set them at their places at the dinner table.  My plan is to put in little treats first thing in the morning, so they have something to run downstairs to.  You could put in candies, notes, stickers, coupons for special privileges, etc...

These are wonderful for Valentine's Day, but I may use them for birthdays, or  other special occasions.
You may not find these exact mailboxes at a Target near you, but if you can, check for them.  You can always make your kiddos, or your significant other, a mailbox out of a milk carton, or a shoebox.  I have also seen people sew little pouches out of felt and hang them on the backs of the kids chairs.  The possibilities are endless!

The point is, to shower your Valentines with a little extra attention and love during this time of year.  However you choose to do that, make it special for them and for you!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment