1. Take your folded sheet set and place them in a pillowcase from that same set to keep them all together. When it comes time to change your sheets, the set is easily found! This tip has been brought to you by Bonny Cable.
2. Use space saving vacuum bags to store extra blankets from winter. You can even use them to store winter coats or sweaters.
3. Use a squeegee after each time you shower to keep soap scum from building up on your tiles, or shower door. This tip has been brought to you by my mother.
4. Use a piece of wax paper to rub your clothing rods in your closet to help your hangers slide easier.
5. Hang a lint roller on your closet door to remove pet hair, or fuzz before you leave the house.
6. Stick dryer sheets inside your shoes to keep them smelling fresh. This tip has been brought to you by the Snuggle bear.
7. For an inexpensive table runner, take two dishtowels, iron them flat and place them sideways on the table.
8. Take the tops of fresh flowers and float them in a wide glass bowl with floating votive candles for a simply elegant centerpiece. (I will be doing a blog post on centerpieces soon so stay tuned).
9. Clean your stainless steel cookware by boiling a half cup of white vinegar in some water. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for an hour. This tip has been brought to you by the letter "K."
10. A few drop of cooking oil will remove the adhesive stickers on new items. Put some on a cloth and rub on the sticker.
I hope some of these tips sound doable and I hope you have found them to be helpful. They aren't earth shattering, but it is important to have little tricks like this up your sleeve to keep your home in shape.
We only have 4 days left until the 30 day grand finale! I will be doing one last giveaway to one lucky reader. It is going to be a GREAT prize! Here's a hint- It's going to be a giftcard to one of my favorite stores. Here are the rules for the contest.....
1. Take pictures of one of the tips that I've listed for making your life more elegant. Show how you've implemented that tip in your home.
2. Post your picture on my facebook page, or if you don't have facebook, you can email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will post it for you.
3. And you're done! The winner will be chosen randomly.
Break out those cameras and show me your elegance!