Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 24: A Shiny Sink is a Happy Sink

So, I think it's funny how yesterday in my blog I wrote about giving yourself permission to not shine once in awhile, and today's post is about shining up your sink.  Hmmmmmm......make up your mind lady!!!!

I saw this tip online a few days ago and I think it's wonderful!  For all you stainless steel sink owners out there, this post's for you!  I find that my sink becomes grimy and dull looking after washing dishes, wiping down high chair trays, rinsing off peanut butter covered hands, etc...  This is a very safe and inexpensive way to clean your sink, deodorize your disposal and give your sink a nice shiny finish.

 Slice a lime or a lemon in half.
 Pour some baking soda in the bottom of the sink.  Baking soda could cure cancer I think.
 Dip half the lime in the baking soda.
 Scrub the sink in circular motions. 
 Let it sit for a couple minutes then rinse.
Buff dry with a clean cloth.  Then throw your limes down the disposal to clean the blades and freshen it.

And voila! You have a pretty, shiny sink!

Keeping your sink spic and span is a wonderful touch of elegance in any kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment