Monday, March 4, 2013

A few of my favorite things: Baking Necessities

Hello Readers! Tonight I want to share with you a few of my favorite baking items:

1. CHOCOLATE
2. HEAVY CREAM
3. SUGAR
4. BUTTER
5. MY TREADMILL

Ok, I guess most registries do not include treadmills, chocolate and butter, but maybe they should.

First and foremost, I LOVE my Kitchen-aid Mixer. I have the 5 quart artisan mixer, with the standard paddle attachment, dough hook, beater, and I have an extra mixing bowl. Not only is this mixer good looking, but it gets used on a regular basis in my kitchen. I have been mixing up decadent cakes and chewy cookies, whipping cream to top chocolate pies, and kneading pizza and cinnamon roll dough with this bad boy for nearly 10 years now....and it's still going strong. That, my friends, is a good investment. Should you put it on your registry? You bet! You might just have a group of hostesses go in together on the mixer, an adoring grandma, great aunt, rich uncle, etc. who wants to spend the big bucks on you and your fiance, or....you may be able to get it at a discount because it was on your registry. In my case, my husband and I received enough Dillard's gift-cards that we were able to purchase the mixer after our wedding. Woohoo! A few years later, I received a second mixing bowl from my sweet mother-in-law, and it has been awesome! I highly recommend having a second bowl, it makes things so much easier when baking, as you will often need to switch back and forth between bowls of ingredients. Definitely check out the various Kitchen-aid mixers that are on the market, as they come in a wide array of colors and there are several design options, as well.
**This has not been a paid advertisement, although I welcome the thought.

I would also highly recommend registering for several glass mixing bowls, cookie sheets, a cooling rack or two, nice spatulas and wooden spoons. All of the above can be found at most retail kitchen stores and at lower price points. Add in a selection of potholders, kitchen towels, and various utensils, and you're sure to receive a well-appointed kitchen gift-basket. You'll be baking up some love in the kitchen in no-time flat.
~Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment