Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Unique Ribbon Technique for your Christmas Tree

Hey Everybody! I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I know our family had such a great time. I'm super thankful for all of the family that came to visit and for all the fun we had playing cards, listening to the cousins make-believe, singing, laughing, and of course...EATING! I'm really glad I had made ahead a large batch of chili and 2 lasagnas for my freezer. It was so nice to be able to just pull those out and whip up a couple things to go with them and, VOILA...two simple, delicious meals. We are going to be hosting my side of the family for Christmas, so you better believe I will be doing some freezer prep in the next week or so to get ready for that.
Today I want to share with you a super simple, yet unique way to decorate your christmas tree with ribbon. I saw this technique done on one of the trees in a fellow church member's home a few years ago, and I've been storing it away in my brain ever since. Well, this year I finally put it to use, and it couldn't be easier. Here's a picture of my finished tree. I just LOVE it.


For this simple, yet elegant project, you will need your favorite christmas ribbon and pipe cleaners (chenille stems). Oh, and don't forget the scissors. :)
I used two large rolls of ribbon, about 2 1/2 inches wide, and this did a pretty good job of covering my 9 foot christmas tree. I bought white pipe cleaners, because my tree is flocked, but you may want to use green if your tree is not flocked. This picture shows what you are going to make:

Cut the ribbon into 12 inch strips. Holding a ribbon strip in one hand, place the pipe cleaner in the middle of the ribbon and twist to secure. Repeat process until all of your ribbon strips are secure on pipe cleaners. Strategically place on your christmas tree. Step back and marvel at the beauty! How cute and inexpensive is this? And, it has big impact. My sister-in-law was here for Thanksgiving and she LOVED this ribbon technique.

If you already have your tree decorated perfectly for this year, then just store this idea in the files of your brain for next year. Enjoy!
~Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment