Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Snowman Soup

Good Afternoon, Readers!
I wanted to first of all share how delighted I am that several of you have added ribbon to your christmas trees after reading my last post! I've received text messages, emails, and FB comments letting me know that you've added ribbon to your tree and are loving it! yay! It's always good to get positive feedback.

Today I want to share with you a simple idea for a stocking stuffer, child's class christmas party gift, neighbor gift, etc. The great thing about the idea I'm about to share, is that it is totally customizable and you can make as many or few as you need. Drumroll please..................................................................

SNOWMAN SOUP! Snowman soup? That's what my son said. Although he's helped me put together Snowman Soup in the past, he didn't remember it. Snowman Soup is a fancy term for hot chocolate. I got this idea originally from Christy Jordan at southernplate.com. If you haven't checked out her website, you really need to. She is as down-to-earth as one can be, and she is always sharing wonderful, economical ideas for your kitchen. I've made Snowman Soup for several years now, the kids and I just finished putting together 65 Snowman Soup kits. Ack!!! We needed little gifts for my son's class, plus 45 stocking stuffers for a christmas party with all the little kids from our congregation.
If you are looking for a cute, inexpensive little gift...look no further. You can come up with your own label or find the one Christy has provided on her website at: http://www.southernplate.com In the search engine, type "snowman soup" and you will be redirected to the post she wrote with the link to the labels. That's what I did, and I just love 'em. Here's what they say: "When it's so cold that you holler and whoop, it's time to bring out the Snowman Soup! Pour the packet in a mug. Add marshmallows, too. And throw in these kisses from the snowman to you. Now add some hot water and use the cane to stir it. Sip slowly and soon you'll feel the warm winter spirit!"





This works best if you gather up your little chicks and have them do all the work. Ha! Yes, my 5 year old and 3 year old had a blast putting these kits together. It's a little something they are big enough to do and helps teach them that gifts do not have to be name-brand, fancy, or expensive.




You will need: Hot Cocoa Packets, Candy Canes, Hershey Kisses, Marshmallows, Ziploc bags, Snowman Soup tags.  Inside each ziploc bag we put: 1 hot cocoa packet, 1 candy-cane, 2 hershey kisses, and a handful of marshmallows.

After you've completed putting all of the Snowman Soup kits together, staple on a label and Voila...simple, perfect little gift. Enjoy! ~ Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment