Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What is your Holiday plan?

"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail". As the holidays are fast approaching, we are all busy making plans. Plans for company to arrive, plans for parties to host or attend, meal plans, etc. I have at least 5 lists going right now with all my planning. I don't want to fail as a hostess, but am I setting myself up to fail in other areas? I think that we oftentimes spread ourselves too thin during this time of year. Although we may throw a fabulous christmas party or truly be the Thanksgiving "hostess with the mostess", we fail to see the "big picture". In my life, the big picture is trying to glorify God as a wife and mother. Am I going to allow all of my planning, all of my to-do lists to get in my way as a wife and mom? Am I going to allow the stresses of having a big house to keep clean, parties to host and attend, cookies to bake, gifts to buy and wrap, keep me from my real purpose? My husband and two children are far more important than what's baking in my oven or how "Martha Stewart-like" my christmas tree looks. I want to continue to succeed as a caring and nurturing wife and mother, while trying to balance the plate I've set for myself during the next few weeks. I am pledging to step back and relax, to really enjoy the magic of the holiday season thru the eyes of my children, and to worry a little less about the dust on my coffee table and my kitchen floor that needs to be mopped.
~Jennifer
And by the way, if you want to know the quickest way to have your kitchen smelling fabulous, all you need to do is dump cinnamon all over your counters and floor. Instant Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment